Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Easter Menu

Even though it was a few weeks ago, I recently had pleasant memories of the dinner I made for Easter. It was the first time I hosted Easter dinner. The food was delicious and I wanted to preserve the menu and memory by writing it down.

Ham in crock pot
Cheesy potatoes in crock pot
Roasted green beans and onions with pecans and balsamic vinegar/honey dressing
Cooked baby carrots with dill butter
Apple/pear/grape salad with honey/lime/poppy seed dressing
Parmesan/rosemary corn muffins
Washington late harvest Riesling - a nice sweetish wine which went very well with all the sweet food
Lemon pudding cheesecake
Pineapple upside down cake

A very pretty menu with varied flavors that seemingly blended well. Springy and celebratory. I liked it and may have to repeat it.

We had 8 people. I set the table with white tablecloth, pastel flowered china, cut crystal water glasses, wine glasses, paper napkins that were pastel printed with bunnies in a basket, and a tiny stuffed bunny in a ceramic basket for the centerpiece. Everything looked festive and dressy.

No comments: