Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feeling Broken

The last few days have been trying because of pain in my shin. After a long run on Saturday, which was wonderful except for the nasty headwind on the "back" portion, my shin felt a bit sore. Then Sunday it bothered me all day, but a general achiness - no definite location of pain. Monday was better. Tuesday I tried the "hop test" and the sore spot revealed itself. OUCH.

It felt better by the end of the day, so I ran a short and easy run. There was no pain or discomfort while running or afterward. I iced my shin before bed.

This morning I woke up and limped around... my hip got sore from the change in walking form. Took some ibuprofen and it dulled the pain, but I can still feel it. I think it might be a stress fracture, so I made a dr. appointment for Friday. I am now thinking I won't run my Saturday race - my favorite race, too. SOB.

Hoping for the dr. to say it's nothing, and especially hoping for it to feel better.

No comments: