Monday, December 21, 2009

One Last Look

... at the quilt my younger sister and I made for our second brother and his wife for their wedding, which was about 1 1/2 years ago. But they didn't tell anyone about it right away! We finally got together with them on Sunday, and with our other brother and his lady, too. We missed the 5th sibling and her husband - they live too far away! Only one of the kids made it - he's the youngest cousin, still in college. All the others are grown and gone from home except the far away family's youngest daughter. Anyway, we had a great meal (potato soup, oven turkey sandwiches, apple coleslaw, pie, cobbler, poteca, coffee and wine) and a fun afternoon together.

Me (#1), Dave, Kathy, Greg (#2), Jim, Melanie (#5), Jerry (#4), Lucy

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I'm the oldest of 5 siblings too! That must have been so fun to be all together! Families are so wonderful!!!

I'd love to get an email from you. However it is easiest for you will be great. If you don't mind, I think I'll make some battery pouches to give as gifts. Not for this Christmas! But birthdays and teachers gifts and next Christmas... I think even my Dad would like one, and he is so hard to shop for! Thanks Cathie!