Five things I am thankful for today:
1. The beauty of spring - fresh, new leaves of delicate green, gorgeous magnolias, bright forsythia blossoms, early sunlight.
2. Foods of spring - asparagus, ham, eggs, things cooked on the grill.
3. Clothes of spring - brighter colors, lighter fabrics, something different than fleece and flannel!
4. Shoes of spring - maybe? Sandals are lined up and ready to go.
5. Running with friends - a great way to be healthy, enjoy social time and feel really alive.
Menu plan for the coming week, starting today:
9. Company coming: grilled pork chops, oven roasted potatoes, Greek salad, brocolli or asparagus or both, dessert provided by guests
10. bacon cheeseburgers, baked beans, coleslaw, cantaloupe
11. whatever drh wants (omelet? soup?)
12. same as 11th
13. crockpot braised beef steak w/ wine, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots; fruit salad
14. stirfried veggies & pork, rice, cranberry sauce
15. meatloaf, mashed potato casserole, leftover veggies, etc.
Some things in the fridge I need to work into the menus this week: leftover salmon, bacon, corn, brocolli, asparagus, tomatoes, sweet potato, potatoes, cantaloupe, lots of eggs
Working on 4 different quilts right now. The first is a baby quilt - I'm already sewing on the binding. The second is a larger finished top with backing and batting cut and ready to put on the frame - it is for a family gift. Third is another baby size quilt for display in the sewing machine shop. The top is done but I have to cut and sew the backing and batting. The fourth is a collaboration project with my daughters and m-i-l. Some of the cutting and sewing is done, but not all. We're making it for a Relay for Life silent auction this summer. Each of the other three is making several 9-patch blocks, I am making the setting blocks, adding borders, and of course quilting it. We're using some Joel Dewberry Deer Valley prints, and I think it will be very unique! But with so many projects in various stages, it feels very busy around my sewing room.
I am also planning to sew a couple of summer toddler outfits - that will be fun!
Pictures later of all these things!