I was blog-hopping today and ran across a wonderful quote. I hope it 's accurate because it's SO true:
"Life is largely a matter of expectation." – Horace
It reminds me of a discussion with friends at church. It happened to be one couple's anniversary and we got into a chat about how one survives? enjoys? a long marriage such as theirs. Most of the couples around the table had been married at least 30 years, or 40. My dear hubby was shocked when my answer to a happy marriage was to "lower my expectations." Actually it was not anywhere close to the slam it first sounded. In the pursuit of happiness, not only the marital kind, I've had some hard lessons which taught me that if I would only quit expecting perfection, most things would work out better and be more satisfying in the long run. So without giving up expecting the best out of myself and others, or looking for good things around me, I have come to feel that lowered expectations sometimes mean less stress, more fun, and just a happier day.
Friday Fave Five for this week:
1. Enjoyed family time and baby time with little G while attending a wedding last weekend.
2. Daughter #1 turned 30 - and is the wonderfully sane, beautiful, positive, friendly, smart and faithful woman I raised her to be. (smile)
3. The summer skirt-wearing weather, including storms, is wonderful - I LOVE summer.
4. Have had time to get a lot of work done on the quilt for the Relay for Life auction.
5. Getting Friday off - time to catch up on house chores, think, sew, piddle around the house quietly.
See more Fave Fives at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. Have a great weekend!