Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilting Marathon





My sister came on Saturday and has been super-productive over the last few days. She quilted three small quilts and a twin size quilt on the longarm machine. She did a great job for only having done one baby quilt before, and that was several months ago. For some reason the photos reversed themselves above, so the first photo is actually the last one she finished, and the last photo is the first quilt.

While she did that, I supervised her, wound bobbins, helped her learn to put the quilts on the frame, set the rails, and baste the edges, etc. I also managed to put together a baby quilt top she had started, make her a pair of pajama pants by using some old ones as a pattern, finish making a pair for me which I started a couple of summers ago, alter a tote bag which had construction problems, reorganize some of my fabric collection, do all my weekend laundry, make some good meals (on the menus: Italian beef sandwiches, potato salad, blueberry cake, chicken nachos, Harvard beets, tossed salad, sauteed broccoli/squash medley, and Thai pork veggie stir fry), and cut out pieces for a set of four placemats for an anniversary gift.
Tomorrow morning she is off for home - it was fun and I hope she comes back soon.

2 comments:

beth said...

I love the colors in the first one you show! Lovely.

Trish said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and a friendly "nice to meet ya!" Those quilts are amazing, and it sure sounds like you got a ton of stuff done with your sister! Way to go!

Blessings,
Trish