Well, a LOT late this time, but reading some of the other blog posts linked to Susanne's this time has inspired me to share my week.
1. Waaayyy back on Sat. June 26, I ran in a small-town 5K which was in memory of a young lady who died two years ago from a brain tumor. The run benefited the American Brain Tumor Association. I knew this family when our girls were in 4-H with the young lady who died and a younger sibling. Her sister who now lives a few states away organized the run. I think the whole town turned out for it, and it was a great event for the community and the beneficiary charity. It was a good thing, too, for the sister who hadn't been able to attend the funeral due to having had a baby just a few days before her sister's death.
2. Spent 2.5 days in Chicago attending a conference for work, but also enjoying PERFECT weather, running on the lake front twice, the adventure of riding the train there and city buses around the downtown, wonderful food, shopping, interesting company, and a fun concert and fireworks at Navy Pier. The whole trip was a lot better than I'd anticipated, and the conference wasn't even that bad. (smile) Above are a couple of bad pictures taken on my cellphone, one of my hotel window view onto the lake, and the other is me stopped for a pause while running on the lakefront around 7:30 a.m.
3. Made a yummy BLT egg casserole (with spinach instead of lettuce) for a church brunch. I'm thankful for a wonderful group of church friends who have become a real family in the last few years we've been attending there.
4. Sortof said this already, but the weather this week was summer at its finest - mid 70's, golden cloudless sky.
5. NOTHING smells better than corn pollen blowing on a humid breeze on a warm summer night. MMMMMMM.