Thursday, July 8, 2010

BLT Egg Casserole

I wish I had a picture to include, but since a few have asked for the recipe, I'll post it without any pictures. This is more like a frittata than one of those fluffy souffle type dishes.

BLT Egg Casserole

Layer in 9x13 pan or glass baking dish:
1-2 c. frozen shredded hash browns - make them 1/2 inch deep or so
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped green onions
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, more or less
Baby spinach leaves, a couple of handfuls
4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
Pour on:
1 doz. eggs beaten with 1/2 c. milk and 1/2 c. sour cream, salt and pepper
Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until eggs are completely set and edges are starting to turn golden.

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

Thank you for this recipe. It sounds so simple and so yummy!

Your photos of your quilts here on your blogs are lovely. Very nice work!

Also, thanks for your recent visit and comment at my place. Please know you are welcome anytime.

Melissa said...

That sounds good! I can't eat eggs, but my sister likes to make dishes like this for Sunday brunch.