Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Satisfactions

It's Saturday again, and even though it's a busy one, a great day. This morning I got up early, took out all the recycling (two months worth - we were gone last month on collection day), ate breakfast, went to a 5K. It was pretty nice out at 7 a.m., though now it's already hot and steamy. The registration table line was growing fast, so after I signed in, I sat down and helped get everyone signed up. Had time to warm up a little after that. I ran pretty well - and got 3/5 in my age group! (I told drh that I should really enjoy this summer because next year I'll be moving up an age group and that will be the end of the medals. Several very fast and slightly older ladies will be way ahead of me.)

Got back to town, went to church and hauled all the recycling there (two months worth again!) out to the curb just as the collection truck arrived. So I was able to put the bins away without making another trip.

Went to the post office and picked up the mail. My mini from Bangkokmom arrived! It is so pretty with linen sashings, red dot binding, ric-rac trim, variegated thread - real Summer Lovin'!


Before I came inside, since I was still hot and sweaty from the race, I trimmed the bushes and swept the porch, and washed out the trash bins since the recycle collection truck came along to my house, too. Ate lunch, took a shower, took some photos before drh went to take a long nap (he was up all night at Relay for Life.)
I finally got photos of my Mod Sampler. Check the flickr group for lots of photos of these quilts from a Quilt-Along started last February on the Oh Fransson! blog.


I am working on the binding for this little doll bed quilt for the church nursery. Isn't it cool looking? I'll also make a matching mattress and pillow for the little wooden bed.



I better sign off because I still have lots of chores to do today for company tomorrow. My sis and b-i-l are coming for 2 days, and we'll eat, chat, sew, shop, take walks, golf, sew, quilt, and eat and chat some more (hope we have time for all that.) Also A&M&Baby G will be here tomorrow to see their aunt and uncle. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Oh my goodness! You are so busy. I felt tired just reading about all that you are accomplishing! The mini quilt you sent and the one you received are both gorgeous. Have a great weekend with your family!