Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday Satisfactions

Hi, I'm back! Seems like a long time since I had any time or anything interesting to post, but today I have something to say, I guess, and can get around to it.
Last Saturday we spent much of the day cleaning out the laundry room, throwing away a ton of junk and moving most of the keepable stuff into the family room temporarily. Drh is going to finish the drywall job (begun 22 yrs. ago) and put down flooring on the concrete floor, and build nice cabinets with real countertops! It will be a nice room for use and storage.
On Sunday afternoon we went to visit A&M&Baby G, and got to babysit for a couple hours in the evening. Baby G was a delight, until she decided there was no way she wanted a bottle and had to just spend the waiting-for-mommy time crying her eyes out. Well, babies are like that sometimes...
This week I've been settling into my new desk at work which came with my change in position. I've also been working on a big project which was left behind by my predecessor, trying to learn the ins and outs and bring it up to speed before we implement the program. Nuff said - probably boring...
Wednesday after supper, drh left for Bristol and the races with a few friends, leaving me home alone for four days. I went to town to do a couple of errands and spent much time at the fabric store. Thursday after work, I ran - it was beautiful out! Friday I went to the mall and shopped for clothes, shoes and baby things. Had Schlotzky's sandwich for supper, worked on a mini quilt for the STUD swap when I got home.
This morning I finished sewing on the mini's label when I got up, took some pictures, packaged it up and got all my errands, list, etc. lined up to go. First stop was the post office to mail the mini. Then I went to town: the bank, the sewing machine store, Arby's (found a coupon for a free combo meal in my purse that expired in May 2008, but they took it!), Penney's, Joanne's Fabrics, Hancock Fabrics, a store where I had to make a return, another store that has lots of cool discounted stationery and papergoods, a shoe store and WalMart! Whew.
At the sewing machine store where I got my longarm machine, they are starting to carry fabrics. There is a sewing challenge going on, because in September, Patty Young is coming to an open house. Here are some of her fabrics, the ones I chose to use in my challenge project. I don't quite know what I'm going to do yet, but I better get crankin' because the projects have to be turned in by Aug. 31!


When I got home, I had to cook myself some dinner. Here is how it went:



Main ingredients


While the pasta cooked


Apple cut and topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and "butter", then microwaved


Pasta with tuna, cannelini beans, tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, green onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and baked apple for dessert

Yummy!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

WAY cool! What store is Patty Young coming to? I'd be willing to make a roadtrip for that!! ~ Jennie