I have not had much time the past couple weeks to think - well, I guess I've been thinking a lot, but no time to write any of it down. No photos today, either. Just might have to wait on that...
The gym was pretty crowded on Monday - lots of "resolutioners" perhaps. But I did go twice this week, and ran on the treadmill once. The weather is bad for running. Though I've run outside all winter the past 5 years, I just can't take this cold - it's been in the 10's or lower the last several days. The last day I ran outside was Christmas day. Hopefully it will warm up soon.
Work is hectic, trying to get all aspects of the election to come together with fewer people and a new boss. But we're getting it done. Just looking forward to the middle of Feb. when it will be over until fall.
I have done some sewing, especially on the three-day New Year's weekend and on Thursday when I was snowed in at home. I am really looking forward to working on several projects I've started for spring baby gifts, etc.
I miss my kids and grandbaby more than ever, probably since we got to see them so much over Christmas week. I am sure we'll head out for more visits as soon as weather and work permit!
Basketball games are fun.
Cooking is fun, when you have a plan, ingredients and time to mess with it.
Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a weekly blog meme (what does that mean - can anyone answer that for me?), so I decided to participate. It does everyone good to focus on things to be thankful for.
Friday Five Favorites (from the last week):
1. Cooking a festive and yummy dinner (pan seared steaks with grilled veggies, acorn squash, wild rice pilaf, chopped romaine and tomato salad, apple betty with ice cream, cabernet wine) and going to a basketball game with friends who celebrated their 34th anniversary, and spending the evening with them. Drh sang at their wedding. It was just as cold then as it was this year - 3 degrees.
2. Watching the beautiful snow on Thursday and not having to drive in it.
3. This morning's drive to work - bright sunrise, heavy white frost on the trees, blue sky.
4. Catching up on some volunteer paperwork commitments on Thursday while snowed in, and having time to sew in the afternoon.
5. New crossword calendar I received from drh for Christmas. It's a good one - challenging vocabulary without being full of words that are just impossible to know (like names, titles and celebrities I never heard of).