Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lost for a Title

Can't think of a clever title for this post... ohwell.


It was a good week. On Monday we took a motorcycle ride to Arthur, which was having a Cheese Festival. The weather was perfect, and we had pork sandwiches, ribbon fries, homemade ice cream, pie, and the free cheese and crackers. There is a nice and interesting fabric shop there, with great quilting fabrics and lots of other choices because the large Amish community makes many of their own clothes. I bought a few fat quarters - who can resist? It was a relaxing afternoon.

I managed to run on Tuesday, go to the gym on Wednesday to lift, and run on Thursday, and we ate fairly well - I made Pork Pad Thai and Turkey Taco Bake this week, and we had leftover pizza, too. So a healthy week, also.

Thursday night was the sewing shop open house where Patty Young was the guest of honor. My little baby outfit won the child's garment sewing challenge, and I was given a nice prize of more Patty Young fabrics and her little girl's apron and chef's hat pattern. She gave an interesting talk on her background and how she came to be a fabric designer, as well as her design process.


Last night and today I worked on and finished this little zip bag. I used some of the pieces in the charm pack sent to me by Julie in the August S.T.U.D. mini swap. It turned out cute, but I should've trimmed and squared up the hourglass blocks before I sewed them into rows. Actually I wanted to practice making this type of bag for possible church bazaar items, and I think I can whip out a few with simpler patchwork or just plain. I probably have hundreds of zippers I've not used in things over the years.


Off to the rest of the day!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Congratulations on winning your category! That little outfit is SO cute :)
~ Jennie

beth said...

I love your little bag! I'm sure they'll be a big hit at the church bazaar!

Aimee said...

How exciting to be the winner! Your little bag turned out great. Very feminine.