Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sewing Challenge Done


I just finished the sewing challenge for my machine shop open house. Patty Young for Michael Miller fabrics were required - Patty herself will be at the open house on September 10.

I must say, the biggest challenge was remembering how to sew garments, and how to make buttonholes. But it was fun, the fabric is beautiful and lovely to work with, and I hope my baby granddaughter looks just as cute in it as I imagine.
So besides this cute little project, I have also made two mini quilts, a Bee Pieceful block, quilted a doll bed quilt and my Mod Sampler, helped my sister cut setting blocks and lay out a bed quilt, and taught my daughter how to use the longarm quilter, all in the month of August! It is amazing that I got so much done. I don't have quite so much planned for September... yet.

No comments: