Friday, April 17, 2009

Virtual Quilt Show

If you haven't seen it yet, Amy @ Park City Girl (here) is having an on-line virtual quilt show. What a fun idea! I've enjoyed looking at everyone's quilts. Thanks, Amy.

Here is my entry. I just made this quilt a few weeks ago (story here) and gave it to my daughter #1 for her baby shower. It is for our first grandbaby, Grace, who as of today has not yet arrived, but I am on pins and needles waiting for a call. She is due within a few days - it could be any minute, right? I am getting excited, as you can tell.

I wish my photos turned out better - I will have to look into some ways to improve them, but I've been too busy sewing and working, etc. This was made and quilted on my regular machine, before I got the long arm quilter. I enjoyed making it, and am looking forward to making a similar one and using the quilter.

25 comments:

Bison Girl said...

I love the sorbet-like colors!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That is a really pretty quilt, and you did a good job of quilting it, too.

Kerri said...

what a lovely quilt!! i'm sure your daughter loves it!!

Zonnah said...

I love your quilting and choice of colors. Very pretty.

Jocelyn said...

Very lovely quilt. Love your colors.

Tacha said...

very pretty colours.

Scrappy quilter said...

Really pretty quilt for your grandchild. Love the colors.

Aunt Spicy said...

The colors and patterns that you choose are just lovely! That will be treasured for years!

Emma said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I love the colours and the quilted swirls.

Kim said...

The quilting gives the quilt great movement, it's gorgeous! Love the colors. Seeing all these fabulous quilts makes me want to sit down at my machine.....

stitchinpenny said...

I always used the same nine patch repeatedly to make a disappearing nine patch, but yours inpaires me. Thanks. It is beautiful.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

A very cute quilt

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the color/fabric selections. Congratulations on becoming a grandma! I pray the new addition arrives healthy and safe - really soon! Thanks for sharing.

Quilt Rat said...

Terrific quilt! Love the circular quilting with those squares great job!

Andi said...

What a great quilt!!
Has that baby arrived yet? Or is she planning on being fashionably late?
Either way, here's wishing for a safe and healthy arrival.
Andi :-)

PS Kathy over at Pink Chalk Studios has a great tutorial on improving your photos using photoshop.

Micki said...

The colours you used are amazing and really make the quilt!
Micki

Fulvia said...

The back is quite wonderful too!

Doris said...

Love this!!!! Cathie, it is just lovely...

Janet Brady said...

Baby grace is lucky to have such a talented, loving grandma. I used the same number fabric and the swirl quilting motif in my Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt. Good luck with the baby!

edeenut said...

ui love the circles, you were right, a lot like the ones on my quilt. Congratulations of the grandbaby!

Sherri said...

I love this quilt...the colors are just so springy and happy!

Kim said...

Great quilt! I'm sure little Grace will enjoy many hours of snuggling beneath it :-)

Ariane said...

Very cute!! I love the colors and the quilting!!

Sequana said...

If Grace could see this, she'd hurry up and get here....*S*

Cathie said...

She has arrived! April 22, 5:21 a.m. 8 lbs. 1 oz. A real cutie!