Fave Five of this week, though I know I'm a couple days late. But the attitude of gratitude is theraputic, so I will write my faves anyway - it's good for the soul.
1. Celebrated our 35th (!!!) wedding anniversary on Sunday by having a quiet day at home, and then going for a motorcycle ride and eating supper and a piece of pie at a local family diner.
2. My older daughter turned 31 this week - she's the happy, healthy, smart and funny, stay-at-home mom of two sweeties, and wife of a fine man.
3. The weather was kind by turning cool at the end of the week so we were able to turn off the air and sleep with the windows open.
4. Saturday morning I got up early and left home at 6:15, drove to a lake, ran 5 miles which was around it and then some on a side road, and then helped at a small 5K race with the finish line team from my run club. I hadn't helped with a finish line before, but now I've learned something new, and it was fun. AND while I was running, I saw bluebirds, wild turkeys and chicks, a deer, a beautiful black and blue butterfly (dead on the road, but sparkling - also a dead frog-ick), and a pair of cedar waxwings collecting grass for a nest.
5. Enjoyed going with Drh and a friend to hear a western swing band at a free outside concert downtown Saturday evening. The music and company were entertaining, and I always love to "people watch."
Hope you had a good week filled with happy times worth celebrating, enjoying nature and friendships. Check out the other Faves on Living to Tell the Story by Susanne.