Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Finishes


I am happy my weekends continue to bring me enough time, energy and motivation to keep on finishing things! This weekend was a long one, since I took off Friday to go to the races with my family and some friends. We ate, waited out a rain storm, read the paper, did crosswords, talked, ate again, walked around the vendor displays, ate again! But the weather cleared up and the evening was very nice to be outside, even though the race itself was kind of boring.

After a late night Friday, I slept late while drh went back to the race track for Saturday's event. Trying to miss more rain, I went to a local art festival early to find bowls or table accessories to go with the table runner/wedding gift. I had success, purchasing two beautiful bowls from a former teacher of my brother, who also is a potter! And I found two more bowls and a nice tote bag for myself, resisted tempting earrings, and enjoyed viewing some gorgeous paintings and other artists' displays.
I went to the sewing machine shop to get more thread, had a nice chat with the friendly owner, did a couple more errands and headed home. I finished sewing the runner top and back, and cut and pressed the binding, just on time to change and head out to the lake for the Dog Days 5K race! The weather once again changed to allow for a great evening - the humidity and rain showers of early in the day were gone, and a fresh breeze helped keep the runners "cool." I finished 4/4 in my age group this time, but it was a fun race.


Sunday after church I practiced some drawings of my quilting pattern for the table runner, put it on the frame, and did the quilting. I can't say as it turned out exactly as I had imagined, or hoped, but it looks fine and with the bowls will make a good gift.




I haven't started my July S.T.U.D. mini yet, but I have the fabrics and know what I'm going to make. Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow, since I do have the day off. Later in the week, we'll go out of town for the wedding, so I must squeeze in laundry, pre-packing and gift wrapping, too. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: