I finished quilting my friend's wall hanging panel she generously let me use to practice with a pantograph pattern. I had some trouble until I figured out which stitch mode and speed to use. Also the tension had to be tweaked because I changed the needle before starting this project. The stitching came out okay - it took longer and I didn't enjoy it as much as free motion, mostly because I wasn't able to enjoy the fabrics while quilting. All I could look at was the pattern and the laser stylus. A different experience. I do like the colors in the fabric - a rich, glowing navy which is my favorite kind of navy. I used a denim chambray variegated thread - not sure I like it a lot, but it looks fine.
On Sunday I cut and sewed the rest of the blocks for the big quilt I'm making with my sister for a gift. The blocks do look good once you mix them up together. It will turn out great. I told her I think the dark green/brown one in the lower left looks way too dark, and the rust and burgundy one near the center top has measurement issues and might have to be remade. She said, we only need 49 and we have 52, so no need to make more! YAY!