Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yummy Creations

I baked today! We've been out of any type of cookies or desserts for a few days, and I forgot to get any cookies at the store last night. Today we got invited to j&j's for dinner, and I volunteered to make deviled eggs. So while the eggs were boiling, I made oatmeal cookies!

I've been working on my Mod Sampler quilt, finally. You can see Oh, Fransson!'s Quilt Along here, and check out the Flickr pool here. I am not really quilting along, as most of the quilts were done a few weeks ago, so I guess I'm quilting along behind. But it has been fun watching the quilt along, the progress of all the quilters, and also starting my own project.

Today I got my 5-mile run (with some walking) in at 8 a.m. and glad of it, as it has warmed up considerably since and it was pretty summery already that early. Also got almost all the laundry done, dusted the bedroom, decluttered the kitchen counter, and cut drh's hair. Maybe I have time for a nap before we go away.
I'd like to cut out some shortie pajama pants for myself and a sun dress for Baby G this afternoon - but there goes naptime if I do.
Tomorrow we're going to see Baby G - she is growing and getting cuter (though how she could get cuter is really a mystery) every day.

No comments: