Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cool Cowboy Quilt

Here are pictures of the cowboy quilt finished! I really enjoyed making this and quilting it. It looks so nice. Everything turned out just right. I really hope my friends and their little boy enjoy it as much as I did making it. I just love how the looping quilting pattern looks with the lassos in the print.





Last night after work I stopped at the farmers' market and bought beets, zucchini, yellow squash, hydroponic tomatoes. and a small loaf of olive ciabatta bread. I had some spring onions left from a couple weeks ago. For our supper, I cooked the beets; sauteed the squash and onions with fresh basil and parsley growing nicely in a pot on the deck, jarred garlic, salt and olive oil; sliced a tomato; sliced the bread; and heated up ham slices. It was delicious!
Here is what we had for dinner tonight. It is pasta cooked with some of the beet greens, sliced black olives, chopped leftover ham, leftover squash mix, a tomato, and leftover jarred spaghetti sauce. Sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with the rest of the bread and a glass of wine, it was SO good - I was SO full but I wish I could've eaten more. MMMM....

No comments: